Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Motivate Me Monday

I am late with my MMM post so I won't link it but I still wanted to write what was on my mind.

I need to get motivated to lose weight. This has been a battle and I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. I want you to join me(I know many of you are on the same road). I found some Prevention magazines the other day & picked them up to get motivated.

Then, as I was thinking about what or how to write this, I can across a blog that is doing a Biggest Loser - Bloggin' Style

Now, let's get real - Our bodies don't function the way God intended them to because we don't treat our bodies as God's temple...
This isn't about getting skinny, this isn't about getting into a size 2 pair of pants, this is about getting healthy!!! This is about offering our bodies as living sacrifices to God (Romans 12:1)!!!

Here are a few tidbits I came across that I am working on this week:

Keep a food diary - "when you write down what you eat, you eat less"
I have done this in the past and it does help but the problem is to keep doing it. It is suggested that you keep a reverse diary & plan your ideal eating day.

No PM Snacking - this is a tough one for me especially on evenings that I work until 11pm

Cut 2 foods from your diet - I am trying to cut back but not eliminate coffee & bread

Drink more water- I honestly forget to drink plus I only like ice water so I have to plan ahead.

Those are my personal challenges for this week. How 'bout you?
Let's do it TOGETHER!!!
Hebrews 10:24 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."

4 comments:

  1. Good for you. As you know I am doing weight watchers, there are times I have fallen off but it is amazing how much food you can eat and loose weight when you eat the right kind of food. Staying away from P.M. snacking is exellent. One thing I cannot get rid of though is coffee I will allow that in my daily points, but if you can Great. Keep it up and I am here if you need to talk. Don't let anyone ever tell being fat is in your make-up. God gave me a perfect body I ruined it with Chips & pop, but my awesome Father will also help me get it back. 20 lbs. gone and still working at it. I could not do it without God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing very well, keep it up.

    Thanks for your encouragement.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Jamie, I LOVE to snack in the evening, and only like ice water :) THe last two nights, i've had a banana instead of a "munchie" it worked last night, but not so well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whenever I struggle with any problem I always find that admitting to God that I am powerless and giving the problem to Him has always brought the best results. Whenever I try to do anything in my own strength, sooner or later I fail. Praying you can surrender this to Jesus, the author and finisher of your Faith.

    Enjoyed the blog. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.