Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WFMW - Homeade Laundry Soap

Many of you have asked for this recipe so I thought I would share it here on my blog. I have been making this for a few years. It is easy to make & saves a lot of money.
I originally got this recipe from "The Duggar's" book.


Homemade Laundry Soap

Grate 1 bar of Sunlight soap into a pan

Add 4 cups of hot tap water

Melt over medium heat, stirring the whole time

Pour into a 5 gallon pail



Add 1 cup of Washing Soda and 1/2 cup of Borax. Stir well. Add hot water to the pail to come to a few inches to the top of the pail. Stir well. ( I use a broom handle) Let sit overnight and give it a good stir. It will jell a bit.

For a front load washer use 1/4 cup. For top load washers use 1/2 cup.

You can a little more for heavily soiled loads.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.