Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Taste Test Thursday - Resurrection Rolls



If you are joining me on this Taste test Thursday, please post the above picture to your blog and/or copy the following sentence to your post:







Then add your recipe to Mister Linky so others can see your recipe & blog.


(Where it says name,you can enter the name of your recipe rather than your name if you like)



Thank you to Jen & Amanda for linking up last week.I have your recipes on this post as well but please do add another one for this week. I look forward to seeing more people join & to try out the new recipes.



This week I am posting Resurrection Rolls. I have seen this idea on a few blogs now so I wanted to try them out. I made them in the morning with the kids. I think they are neat. I also plan to make them with the kids at church Sunday morning.


Ingredients:

1 tube of Pillsbury Cresent Rolls

2 T. margarine, melted

8 large marshmallows

2 T. sugar with with cinnamon



Preheat oven to 350*. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper(I love that stuff!)

Separate cresent rolls & give each child a triangle of the roll as well as 1 marshmallow.




Marshmallow - represents Jesus

Dip the marshmallow in the butter, roll & coat evenly.

(we used a whole marshmallow but I think it will be better with a half so I will do that tomorrow when I make them)



Butter - respresents the oil that Jesus was anointed with



Sugar-Cinnamon Mixture - represents the spices used to anoint Jesus' body

Roll the buttered marshmallow in the mixture to coat.



Cresent Roll - represents the cloth that Jesus was wrapped in




Place the coated marshmallow on the straight end of the cresent. Fold in the sides. Roll to the point. Seal to cover the entire marshmallow. (this is important, as you will see that our leaked out)



Place in the tomb(oven)


Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.




Remove & cool slightly.


Cut open. The tomb is empty. Jesus is risen!!







2 comments:

  1. so cool! :) Love that idea. Maybe next Easter I'll have more TIME to do things! This year is totally sidetracked for various reasons... will be able to focus a bit more this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, I think I will make it with Emelia tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.