Wednesday, April 6, 2011
A Blessing in Disguise
The other day I mentioned to Bryan, my husband, that we are really going to have to watch the back deck door this summer becasue the twins will be able to open it easily. About an hour later I went out the deck door to through out some water. Calleigh, our 3 year old, followed me & closed the door behind her. Oh no, the door is locked. (a person can exit without unlocking the handle, the deadbolt was unlocked) I should also mention that it is not really warm outisde yet, just above freezing. Here I am on the deck with my 3 year old standing in a nightgown, no socks or slippers, and me in my Dawgs with a backyard full of snow and our 14 month old twins inside the house. How am I going to get to a phone? I will have to trudge through the snow carrying Calleigh or I will have to leave her there.(and I am sure she's be crying) Just then Leah walked over to the door & opened it(no coaxing). Oh, what a blessing! At supper that day we were talking to the kids about emergency situations and what to do. The sunday school paper I was reading to them reminded us that God is always there to help us and in this case, even before I asked Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sight! What a moment of anxiety! Yikes!
ReplyDeleteThat is so great - God is good! :)