Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What are You Afraid Of?

Have you ever been afraid? I know that we all have at one time or another. Maybe it is the fear of the unknown or the fear of sickness or the fear of rejection. There are many fears.

Max Lucado from his book "Everyday Deserves a Chance" says:

"The presence of fear does not mean that you have no faith. Fear visits everyone but make fear a visitor and not a resident. Hasn't fear taken enough? enough smiles? chuckles? Restful nights? exuberant days?"

Is fear a resident in your life?

I am not what you would call a fearful person but I have experienced fear as I am sure you all have. A couple weeks ago I was filled with fear and sadness after hearing of so many people that were sick and/or dying. Fear gripped my heart. You know that feeling where you feel it has a hold of you and it just doesn't want to let go.

I do not like to let negative thoughts or feelings rule my life. I like to "take every thought captive so that it is obedient to Christ"(2 Corinthians 10:5) So usually if a negative thought comes to mind, I kick it out but this time it came to take up residence. So what did I do?

I listened to music all day, Christian music, music that fills my soul. I continued to pray and quoted bible verses over & over to myself. One verse was this:



Then I just plain "demanded" that fear to leave.
That fear left and now I can think of those around me who are suffering & not feel fear.

If you are struggling with fear, remember that Jesus promised "I am with you always" (Matthew 28:20). Call out to Him in faith today. and remember that fear does not come from God. He has not given us a spirit of fear but POWER, LOVE and a SOUND MIND.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.