Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Priorities


Priorities - this seems to be a topic that comes up often. I have spoken about it at Moms & Tots and have done a few posts on it. Why is that it comes up so often? I think it because it something we all faced with - trying to prioritize and balance our lives.

Each one of our lives looks different but we all need to balance it. Think about your life over the past week. How did you use your time and energy? Which of these have lasting value in your life?

We can become involved in many "good" things - church, family commitments, community events and the list goes on but too much of a good thing is no longer good. We become worn out.

I have learned this over the years. I used to be busy with work, meetings, church activities, community events then try to squeeze family time in where I could. I became so exhausted & worn out. I never used to be able to relax until my house was all clean. I still like it clean but I can sit down & relax without feeling guilty.

Today, I feel that I have a good balance.

In today's society, people equate a busy life with a successful life.
"We become slaves to busyness, slaves to schedule, slaves to the disorder in our homes and our lives. We've grown so accustomed to constant activity that even when the opportunity arises to be still, we can't help but feel unsettled" - from the book, 'The Resolution for Women'

What are your priorities? What comes first in your life?

Take out a piece of paper & write out what activities and responsibilities you must deal with over the course of one week. Put these in order of priority. What things MUST you do? Are there some things that someone else could do? Is there anything you could eliminate all together?

My encouragement and challenge for you is to carve each time out of your day just for you. Take a moment for yourself and don't feel guilty about it.

I'd love to hear from you, tell me what you do or are planning to do for yourself this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.