This has been on my heart and mind lately -
I want to live my life so that no one has to wonder who I am, what kind of person I am am, whether I am a Christian or not.
I want to be REAL. HONEST. TRUE.
I have met people in my life that are not the real deal. Have you ever known a person that was one person around you but was someone else when they were with a different group of people? Or someone who is one person on Sunday but someone else all week?
Lord, let us be the kind of people that honor You every day of our lives.
Sure, we all make mistakes and that is part of being real. We are all human. But when we try to pretend that we are perfect that is when problems arise.
We need to be real to our children. They are watching us. The way that we speak and act with have a great effect on them as they grow up. They are all eyes and ears and they take to heart all the things that they see and hear.
I want my children to say,
"My parents had real people with real struggles. There was real joy, real hope, real faith."
Now there will always be people that like to criticize and point fingers but that is okay, I am not living my life to please them. I am living my life to please the Lord.
Lord, may be be people that are REAL.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.