Monday, March 19, 2012

Hospitality

The idea of hospitality has been on my heart for awhile. The idea of showing love to others. I enjoy having company at our house but since having the twins (and 5 children) I have gotten away from having people over.

I think many people shy away from having company over. Why is that? For one I think that people are just too busy these days. They get caught up with their own lives. For some, they worry about the state of their hose. They feel it is not clean enough. The truth is that people come over to your house to see you, not your house.

1 Peter 4:9 "Be hospitable to one another without grumbling"

Romans 12:13 "Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality"

Why not think of someone that you can have over for a meal this week? Or if the thought of a meal overwhelms you why not have someone over just for a visit or for coffee? or bake something & take it over to a friend or neighbor?

Be a blessing to others & you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.