Monday, August 27, 2012

It's an Adventure

It has been awhile since I last posted. I enjoy blogging - writing & reading others- but I don't always have the time or take the time to do it. And sometimes I look at my blog & simply have nothing to say or share. The kids will be back to school in one week. I will only have #4 & #5(the twins) home with me. #1 will be in grade 6, #2 in grade 3 & #3 in kindergarten. With that I am taking a new adventure & challenge - child care. I resigned from my job at a nursing home after my maternity leave with the twins. With 5 children and all of the rest that I was involved in, I just couldn't seem to see where I could fit work in there. We have lived off of 1 income for awhile now and have made it work. We feel that it is good for our family to have me at home yet I felt like I should be doing something more. The opportunity to do child care came up. At first I was unsure about it. I used to say that that was not for me. But after I was asked, the wheels started turning, my mind flooded with ideas & excitement about this new opportunity. I was needing more structure & routine, something I thrive on. So today is the beginning of this new adventure for me. I have 2 extra children here today. I had comments such as "you are crazy", "aren't you busy enough already?" "don't neglect your children". I used to think that way too - thinking that having extra kids takes time away from your own. But sadly, the kids & I would often do our own thing each day. I would clean & they would play. Now my whole day & focus is on the kids. Today we have sang songs, read books, played inside & out, had snacks & lunch & we were TOGETHER. Now as all of the children nap, I am taking time to blog. I hope to do this each day so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.