This past weekend was our 6th annual ladies retreat at Clearwater's cabin. I missed one year & other years I just went there for the day but this year I was able to be there for the whole time & I was so blessed.
The idea for the weekend id for it to be a time of renewal & relaxation. We are all so busy with our lives and don't seem to take time to just rest in Jesus.
We all took turns sharing what the Lord has placed on our hearts.

It is about a 1 1/2 hour drive from home. It is at Lower Fishing Lake.
It was by no means warm out. It was 5* when we went for a little walk to the lake, only one cabin away. I was too cold to walk any farther but the Kim, Eileen & Lisette were brave enough to go for a long walk. (Eileen in her down filled parka)
Eileen read 2 Peter 1: 2-11
"Giving all dilengence,
add to your faith,virtue and to virtue, knowledge;
And to knowledge, temperance,
and to temperance, patience
and to patience, godliness
And to godliness, brotherly kindness
and to brotherly kindness, charity(love) "
She talked about how we get so busy with life that church comes 2nd when it should come 1st. And if we live a spirit filled life then we wouldn't be worried about all the do's & don't, we would just want to be living according to His will
It looks nice & sunny but really it was very cold. It froze that night. Wilma & I went back to the cabin, the toasty warm cabin and got ready to do foot baths, while the other girls were walking. (who would have thought we'd need to keep the logs going in June?)
I read about washing one another's feet & then asked Eileen to put her feet in the foot bath. I said, "as you have blessed others, we want to bless you" I rubbed her feet. I also did all the others as well.

Eileen is our Pastor's wife & we don't tell her often enough just how much we appreciate her. We gave her a gift certificate to a ladie's clothing store in town as well as a bracelet to remind her of our love.

Wilma read Psalm 27
(take time to read the entire psalm, I will just give a few verses)
"The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? ....
...One thing I have desired of the Lord, that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life...
...When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in the plain path.....
...Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord"
I did try to rub Lisette's feet but she couldn't take it:)
After I had rubbed everyone's feet, it was time for me to sit & relax. Oh it felt so good.
Saturday was still cold but we bundled up and sat out on the deck with our coffee until it was just too cold to sit there any longer.

We usually seem to have so much food & snack all day & don't feel great but this year we only snacked on fruits & veggies & our meals were healthy too. For dinner we bbq'd kabobs.

The veggies - we put them into a bowl & tossed them with oil & greek seasoning then put them on skewers. They were so good like that.

We had a very restful weekend, we didn't sleep lots but it was so restful even during our sharing times.
The 5 of us
what a lovely weekend! what a servant you are Jamie to rub everyones feet... such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteyou all look so relaxed, how nice!
I love kebabs - but I have to say I have never seen or thought to put on brocolli or celery! What a great idea! :) I don't even put on tomato... I guess mine are boring when I just alternate chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers. LOL.
Thanks for sharing!