Thursday, August 8, 2013

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God

Good question.

I have started reading a book by author, Lysa TerKeurst titled "When Happens When Women Say Yes to God|" - Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways.


Have you ever read a book that is so good that you keep reading it over & over? I read the first chapter of this book a few times & just stopped to ponder all that it has to say. And not just what the book had to say but God was speaking to me about.



"You don't need perfect circumstances to say yes to God"
Say yes today. God will lead you & guide you. You simply need to surrender your life to Him.

I have a song on my heart:
I'll say yes, Lord, yes to your will & to your way
I'll say yes, Lord, yes. I will trust you & obey. 
When your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart 
I'll agree and my answer will be yes, Lord, yes.

In Lysa's book she says the she prays a very simple prayer each morning:

God, I want to see You.
God, I want to hear You.
God, I want to know You.
God, I want to follow hard after You.
And even before I know what I will face today, 
I say YES to You.

I shared this excerpt from the book on Facebook yesterday:
"We have become so familiar with God yet so unaware of Him. We make the mysterious mundane. We construct careful reasons for our rules and sensible whys for our behavior. All the while our soul is longing for a richer experience - one that allows us to escape the limits of sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell and journey to a place of wild, wonder & passion."

People talk about God yet they do not really KNOW Him. They do not sense Him. Sometimes it can be busyness. People become so busy that they do not even recognize God in their lives. People makes excuses for why they do what they do or why they allow their children to do what they do. 

We just spent 10 days at a camp meeting. God spoke to me in so many ways during that time. I could sense His presence in each service but we don't have to be in a church service to sense His presence. He is with us always - He will never leave us nor forsake us.(Hebrews 13:5) When is the last time you felt His presence? You waited on the Lord & expected to see God & hear from Him?

Saying yes to God doesn't mean that your life will just fall into place or be perfect but you will have the peace, love & joy that only God can give - no matter what your circumstances are.

"This kind of obedience invites you to embrace a bigger vision for your life. When you look at your everyday circumstances through the lens of God's perspective, everything changes. You come to realize that God uses each circumstance, each person who crosses your path and each encounter you have with Him as a divine appointment."

So true - everything happens for a reason. Even a van breaking down on the first day of holidays.(as written in my last post) It shows us that God is in control and we need to fully trust in Him. He knows what is best for us.


Will you join me in saying "Yes, Lord, Yes"?

I am joining the Proverbs 31 blog hop with many other women on this same journey.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie, I'm Wendy from Toronto, a fellow Canadian on this Blog Hop journey. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.