I have to say that I do not "celebrate" Lent. In fact, I had not heard of Lent until the past few years. It is celebrated mostly in liturgical churches. It is the 6 weeks leading up to Easter. Lent is a time when people give something up. I have heard of people giving up coffee, chocolate, tv, etc. But I read a blog post today that suggested that we don't give something up but that we take something on. Use these 6 weeks to focus on what Jesus did for us & how it has impacted our lives. What is something we can take on? How about spending time in prayer each morning or reading God's word before starting the day or showing love to a family, friend or neighbor by inviting them over or baking something for them or taking someone out for coffee or encouraging someone with a note or an email or volunteering. Can you think of something you can take on rather than give up? Share it with us here on the blog.
I hope to encourage you over the next 40 days here on this blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.