It has been awhile since I posted on this blog. (I also have a family blog) It seems that the longer I go without posting, the harder it is to get back at it.
In the mail, I receive FOTF's magazine called "Thriving Family". I really enjoy this magazine and this month there was a tear out calendar titled"Faith on the Go". It is a calendar filled with family activities for each day of June & July. I have posted the calendar on the wall.
I really like today's:
"Give your child 5 pebbles to put in his pocket. Ask him to be kind to others today. Every time he does a random act of kindness, he can move one pebble into a different pocket. At the end of the day, ask what he did to bless others.
Galatians 6:10
"As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith"
I really like that & think that we, as adults/parents should do this as well.
I went on a retreat this past weekend with 3 wonderful ladies who are great mentors to me. While there, God spoke to me about being more encouraging to others. I used to write cards of encouragement all the time & I have gotten away from that.
I think that we all get so "busy" doing our own thing that we forget to be a blessing to those around us.
May I encourage you to be a blessing to someone today?
Please share(leave a comment) how someone has blessed your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.