Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Word Filled Wednesday

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old,
he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6
At Moms & Tots, Grace A. did a bible study on this verse:
T - Teach Truth & Trust
- that their trust may be in the Lord(vs 19)
R - Refuge
- make our homes a refuge, a safe place for our children
- He is our shelter & our strength
- to be able to be open with one another
A - Accept
- love your child, not necessarily their behavior
- accept their differences
- praise your children
I - Imitate
- follow the example of Christ
- Walk the life that God has shown us in his word.
- Ask God to be 1st place in my heart
N - New Life
- begin again each day
- His mercies are new every morning
As we train our children may we grow closer as a family and closer to God.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie,
    I really like this, I think I'll print it off and post it on my wall. I just discovered your blog through Heavenly Homemakers and look forward to having more time to look through!
    May God give you the grace you need today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.