For some it may be to clean their house or exercsie or spend more time with family & friends. Mine are all of the above but here is a blog post of mine from a couple years ago but I thought it was fitting for today:
I need to get motivated to lose weight. This has been a battle and I just can't seem to get motivated to do it. I want you to join me(I know many of you are on the same road). I found some Prevention magazines the other day & picked them up to get motivated.
Then, as I was thinking about what or how to write this, I can across a blog that is doing a Biggest Loser - Bloggin' Style
Now, let's get real - Our bodies don't function the way God intended them to because we don't treat our bodies as God's temple...
This isn't about getting skinny, this isn't about getting into a size 2 pair of pants, this is about getting healthy!!! This is about offering our bodies as living sacrifices to God (Romans 12:1)!!!
Here are a few tidbits I came across that I am working on this week:
Keep a food diary - "when you write down what you eat, you eat less"
I have done this in the past and it does help but the problem is to keep doing it. It is suggested that you keep a reverse diary & plan your ideal eating day.
No PM Snacking - this is a tough one for me especially on evenings that I work until 11pm (of course I am no longer working until 11pm anymore, this was before having 5 children)
Cut 2 foods from your diet - I am trying to cut back but not eliminate coffee & bread
Drink more water- I honestly forget to drink plus I only like ice water so I have to plan ahead.(I am doing much better with this & I try to drink 3 L a day)
Those are my personal challenges for this week. How 'bout you?
Let's do it TOGETHER!!!
Hebrews 10:24 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds"
Then, as I was thinking about what or how to write this, I can across a blog that is doing a Biggest Loser - Bloggin' Style
Now, let's get real - Our bodies don't function the way God intended them to because we don't treat our bodies as God's temple...
This isn't about getting skinny, this isn't about getting into a size 2 pair of pants, this is about getting healthy!!! This is about offering our bodies as living sacrifices to God (Romans 12:1)!!!
Here are a few tidbits I came across that I am working on this week:
Keep a food diary - "when you write down what you eat, you eat less"
I have done this in the past and it does help but the problem is to keep doing it. It is suggested that you keep a reverse diary & plan your ideal eating day.
No PM Snacking - this is a tough one for me especially on evenings that I work until 11pm (of course I am no longer working until 11pm anymore, this was before having 5 children)
Cut 2 foods from your diet - I am trying to cut back but not eliminate coffee & bread
Drink more water- I honestly forget to drink plus I only like ice water so I have to plan ahead.(I am doing much better with this & I try to drink 3 L a day)
Those are my personal challenges for this week. How 'bout you?
Let's do it TOGETHER!!!
Hebrews 10:24 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.