I always have thought of myself as a patient person and have been told that I am but lately I am not so sure about that. With 5 children my patience seems to run thin. I find myself being less than pateint and have even asked my kids to remind me to not be that way.
Patience is revealed in a long suffering, slow to anger attitude. God is the perfect example of patience as here in Nehemiah 9:17b:
But You are God,
Ready to pardon,
Gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger,
Abundant in kindness,
And did not forsake them.
From this we learn that patience is a gentle, forgiving attitude toward someone - even in the face of blatant disobedience.
Responding with patience is not easy. At times it goes against how we are feeling but it is worth the effort. It strengthens relationships, feds our joy, and ushers peace into our homes.
As the saying goes, "If Mom ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"
If we as Moms don't have patience and are not slow to anger then that makes for an unhappy home.
Dear Lord, help me to follow your example and be slow to anger. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.