(this email was forwarded to me, it is from flylady.com)
Young@Heart by Pam Young
Have you ever heard the term, "You are TOAST?" I think when someone is "toast" it means they are up the creek, finished, exposed or kaput. I'll bet you've never heard this term: "I am JAM." Ahh, but you really have heard it. I know you have, because I hear it all the time when I'm out and about. See jam is an acronym for Just A Mom.When I hear a woman say, "I'm just a mom," I can't help myself; I have to say to that person, "You are NOT JAM, you are responsible for creating a climate of love, peace, joy, beauty and order in your home. You are raising future responsible, happy citizens. You are THE most valuable worker in our country and your "volunteer" service is appreciated by those of us who know the extent of that service and have reaped the benefits. And anyone who thinks you are JAM is TOAST in my humble opinion.
"As I was writing that paragraph above I thought to myself, 'maybe I should save this to send out on Mother's Day,' but I don't believe in Mother's Day. I think it's just a way for Hallmark and flower shops to stay in business. I think every day should be Mother's Day and we should all be on the lookout to help moms whenever we can. And if you are a mom, don't say you're jam. If someone asks you, "What do you do?" say, "I am responsible for creating a climate of love, peace, joy, beauty and order in my home. I am raising future responsible, happy citizens of Canada. What do you do?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great article.
ReplyDeleteI do tend to say that a lot LOL :)