This is a book I am reading by Max Lucado. I want to share some thoughts with you:
"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24
"This is the day" includes every day. Sick days(which I'm having today), tax days, sending your child off to school days, surgery days, exam days. EVERY day.
God made this day, ordained this very moment, no matter what you are going through. God isn't on a holiday. He still holds the conductor's baton, sits in the cockpit and occupies the universe's only throne. Each day emerges from God's drawing room. Including this one.
So decide to give this day a chance, change your views, your outlook and imitate the resolve of the psalmist: "I will rejoice and be glad in it"
It isn't always easy is it. Perhaps we would like to edit the word "in" and perhaps change it to "after". We'll be glad after today but no we are to rejoice in it.
Keep in mind:
You longer have yesterday - It is gone . You can't change, alter, or improve it.
You do not have tomorrow, you have only today. This is the day the Lord has made. Live in it. Don't heavy today with yesterday's regrets or acidize it with tomorrow's troubles.
Saturate your day in His grace.
Entrust your day to His oversight.
Accept His direction.
Grace. Oversight. Direction.
G-O-D
Fill your day with God. Give this day a chance.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad it's worked out to make a new blog - :) Are you going to copy and paste all your posts and transfer them over too?
ReplyDeleteI liked what you had to say here Jamie! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWhat is the book called that you are reading?
This is really good - it reminds me to change MY attitude and perspective. Thank you!
ReplyDelete