
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
On A Journey
I lead bible study at Moms & Tots yesterday. Here is a portion of my notes:
Do not think
for one moment that I have it all together so now I am here to tell you what to
do. I am here to be honest with you & share my heart with you & hope
that something that is said will encourage you.
I posted a
blog post on the Moms & Tots page this week. I had already wrote my bible
study but I thought it fit well with what we are going to talk about.
“One thing I’ve learned, is that all of us are going through a
lot of similar things. When one mom complains of her child not napping, 5
more moms are there to say, “Mine
too!” When someone mentions her frustration with
all the laundry piling up, we all do nod in agreement. And
when another complains, someone is there to say “I’ve been
there and here’s what helped me.”
We all have common struggles with husbands, children, our work
and stress load and just living life on planet earth.
But…
Our puzzles are all different.
One woman has a child with special needs while another is
raising a gifted child.
One woman has a romantic, sensitive husband while another has a
husband who has anger issues and he screams and yells at everyone in the house.
One woman struggles to make ends meet while another is going on
her third vacation of the year.
One woman has a husband who doesn’t work while another is
married to a workaholic.
Our puzzles are different.
And here’s the key…don’t think for one moment that
the woman with the Prada purse on her shoulder – who is on her
third vacation this year has less problems than anyone else. Her purse
still holds junk–secret pain and dissatisfaction.
You do not walk this road alone. Somedays it may feel like
no one understands…until you hop onto facebook or a blog with a writer you
relate to. Often times I breathe a sigh of relief to find that my
marriage is normal or my kids are normal!
Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and
I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
God already knows your burdens. You need rest…you
might as well set down that burden and talk to Him about it. I can
guarantee you –God FULLY understands. “
-Courtney from Women Living Well
Do you ever
feel like you just need to get away? None of us are going on this get away
today but we are going to talk about a journey, a journey of life as a mom. We
are all on this journey together. And we are all on different spots along this
journey.
Do you ever feel like as a mom
that you are unappreciated? Like you are “Just a Mom”? I am here to tell you
that you are so much more. I want each one of you to know that you are loved
& appreciated.
“Many times as Moms, whether
we work inside or outside our homes, we feel our work done in our homes goes
unnoticed. Unseen...unappreciated. Yet I know that is not the case because God
sees everything! We, as Moms, women who are raising the next generation are modern
day shepherds. Our jobs, our workload, our sleepless nights may go unnoticed by
some...but not by God. He sees it all. Some of us may not hold the degrees we
wish we had. Some us might not think we are in our dream job, yet it’s in this
job, this occupation, that we learn to touch eternity as we invest ourselves
into our families, tending our own “flocks”.”(goodmorninggirls blog)
Have you ever felt stressed or overwhelmed? like you have lost your joy
and your peace? Ever felt completely burned out? Have you ever tried
to do it all? What happens? You
become depleted.
When the fog becomes so thick you don’t feel like you can propel through
it anymore, pull over & give it to God. If you are a woman with a burden
that rests heavy on your heart & mind, you are not alone.
YOU matter to
God.
He created this hard thing called womanhood & he has equipped us with
all we need.
God has given us an
instruction manual and He wants us to read it & obey.
Psalm 37:1-8
1 Do not
fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do
wrong;
2 for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
2 for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
3 Trust
in the Lord and do good;dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture(and feed
on His faithfulness)
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit
your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him,and He shall bring it to pass.
6 He will
make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday sun.
7 Rest in
the Lord, and wait
patiently for Him;do not fret when people succeed in their ways,when they carry out their wicked
schemes.
8 Refrain
from anger and turn from wrath;do not fret— it only causes harm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for letting me know that you are reading this blog and that you are encouraged.